Statewide Public Safety Communications System
Statewide Interoperability Governing Board (SIGB)
The Statewide Interoperability Governing Board (SIGB) was established on Sept. 30, 2011 and continued by Governor Bullock's Executive Order No. 10-2013, which was signed on Oct. 1, 2013. The SIGB directs the operation of the statewide public safety land mobile radio (LMR) system. In addition, its purpose has been expanded to plan, develop and promote public safety interoperable communications using broadband technologies. The SIGB now consists of 13 voting members and 2 non-voting members. A list is available here.
The Public Safety Communications Bureau's (PSCB) Bureau Chief, Quinn Ness, is currently serving as the Statewide Interoperability Coordinator (SWIC). The SWIC is responsible for the implementation of the Statewide Communications Interoperability Plan (SCIP) as well as oversight of the state's interoperability efforts and coordination of interoperability and communications projects.
- Consortia Map
- Microwave Map - As of Feb. 8, 2013
- Trunked Status Map - As of Feb. 8, 2013
- Trunking and Mobile Outbound Coverage Map - As of Jan. 30, 2013
- Big Sky 11 Interoperability Consortium
- Central Montana Interoperability Communications Consortium (CMICC)
- Eastern Tier Interoperability Consortium (ETIC)
- I-15/90 Interoperability Communications Consortium - ACTIVE!
- Mobile Data Terminal (MDT)
- Northern Tier Interoperabilty Consortium - ACTIVE!
- South Central Montana Interoperability Communications Consortium (SCMICC)
- Tri-County Interoperability Consortium (TIC)
- Western Interoperability Communications Consortium (WICC)
- Glossary of Radio Definitions and Acronyms
- Statewide Communications Interoperability Plan (SCIP)
- Tactical Interoperability Communications Plan (TICP)
- 2011 Border Interoperability Demonstration Project Awarded to IM
- 2009 Columbia Falls/Flathead County Regional FEMA AFG Narrative
- 2008 Miles City FEMA AFG Narrative
- 2007 I-15/90 FEMA AFG Narrative
- 2006 Butte-Silver Bow FEMA AFG Narrative
- 2006 Hill County FEMA AFG Narrative
- 2006 Regional (Plevna) FEMA AFG Narrative
- 2005 Hingham FEMA AFG Narrative
- 2005 Lincoln County FEMA AFG Narrative
- 2005 Superior County FEMA AFG Application