Montana Public Safety Communications System
Statewide Interoperability Governing Board (SIGB)
On Sept. 30, 2011, the Statewide Interoperability Governing Board (SIGB) was established by Executive Order No. 13-2011. The SIGB directed the operation of the statewide public safety radio system formerly operated by Interoperability Montana. The purpose was to ensure the future of interoperable communications in Montana as described in Montana's Homeland Security Strategic Plan (HSSP) and State Communications Interoperability Plan (SCIP).
The SIGB consisted of five voting members, who were:
- The Attorney General or his designee
- Governor's Office representative
- The Montana State Chief Information Officer, or his designee
- The Director of the Montana Department of Transportation, or his designee
- A representative of the Montana Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association.
Due to the change in administration, the SIGB has not been meeting. The Montana Legislature is considering a bill to formally establish governance for the statewide Public Safety Communications System.
The Public Safety Communications Bureau (PSCB) is attached administratively to the Statewide Interoperability Coordinator’s (SWIC) Office, which is tasked with working with emergency response leaders across all levels of government to implement a statewide strategic vision for interoperability. The SWIC is responsible for the implementation of the Statewide Communications Interoperability Plan (SCIP) as well as oversight of the state's interoperability efforts and coordination of interoperability and communications projects.
- Consortia Map
- Microwave Map - As of Feb. 8, 2013
- Trunked Status Map - As of Feb. 8, 2013
- Trunking and Mobile Outbound Coverage Map - As of Jan. 30, 2013
- Big Sky 11 Interoperability Consortium
- Central Montana Interoperability Communications Consortium (CMICC)
- Eastern Tier Interoperability Consortium (ETIC)
- I-15/90 Interoperability Communications Consortium - ACTIVE!
- Mobile Data Terminal (MDT)
- Northern Tier Interoperabilty Consortium - ACTIVE!
- South Central Montana Interoperability Communications Consortium (SCMICC)
- Tri-County Interoperability Consortium (TIC) - ACTIVE!
- Western Interoperability Communications Consortium (WICC)
- Glossary of Radio Definitions and Acronyms
- Statewide Communications Interoperability Plan (SCIP)
- Tactical Interoperability Communications Plan (TICP)
- 2011 Border Interoperability Demonstration Project Awarded to IM
- 2009 Columbia Falls/Flathead County Regional FEMA AFG Narrative
- 2008 Miles City FEMA AFG Narrative
- 2007 I-15/90 FEMA AFG Narrative
- 2006 Butte-Silver Bow FEMA AFG Narrative
- 2006 Hill County FEMA AFG Narrative
- 2006 Regional (Plevna) FEMA AFG Narrative
- 2005 Hingham FEMA AFG Narrative
- 2005 Lincoln County FEMA AFG Narrative
- 2005 Superior County FEMA AFG Application